Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHat is the difference between a T04 and K04? or T03 or K03 which are the stock turbos I believe? DId they use the KKK turbos only on older cars cause my 97 A4 has one? Would I be able to bolt on a T04 to my car since I have a KKK series K03 right now or would only the K04 be bolt-on? Which cars use what and which turbo is better?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
stock turbo is the k03 and the k04 is just a k03 with mor aggressive blades and the k04 is a direct bolt on u can use the stock manifold

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I knew that... just wondering what the difference is with the T03 or T3? Apparently those are used? but on VW 1.8T's maybe?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
VWs 1.8Ts still use k04/ko3s i never heard of T03 or T04 but there are aftermartket T3/T4 turrbo

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm ok thanks... cause my friend was almost sure that on VW's they had garrett turbos and not KKK turbos. Guess he was wrong as I suspected lol

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
garrett turbos i wish, audi/vw are a borg warner turbo company, i dont kno of any other turbo company they use maybe in the TDi engines they use another turbo

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i dont know what turbos they use on the TDi
a t3 hmmmm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts