Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 A4 TDI Sport and fancy upgrading performance. I am confused between mapping, tunning boxes and chipping....any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi
Log onto www.upsolute.com

Get it chipped - 130bhp goes up to 159bhp

Torque goes from 210 ft/lb to 280 ft/lb

Only costs £305
Well worth it.......!!!

Re-mapping is when you take your cat & lamba probe out & you need to re-program your ecu.

tuning boxes are not the best. the box "fools" the ecu & doesn't fuel the car properly. ..... Simon Coe from upsolute will explain in depth.

Hope this is off use
cheers
David B)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also,

Since your car is a 2004, do not worry about the warranty.
Audi cannot tell it's been chipped through their diagnostic computer.

The only way they can tell is when the mechanic takes it for a test drive & kicks it's ass!
Let's face it - he won't be bothered......

David
B)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
most tuners now have ways to hide the performace programs from the dealers but usually they cost more

they usually have a remote or controll that will switch from performace program to stock program anytime

so when the dealer VAGs or checks the car or something it will look stock

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i have the giac chip w/ flashloader complete with stock program. when put on the stock program, the dealer sees the stock program if he checks.

this doesnt mean, however, that the software is invisible. 99% of mechanics wouldnt look any further once they saw stock software. the flashloader doesnt erase the upgraded software, meaning its still in the ECU.

with a little investigation the mechanic could discover your upgraded software.

on the other hand, i've had the giac software for several months and have been to the dealer several times with it set to "stock". they havent said anything to me.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
they are too lazy to look deep for a regular maintaince but when you have a serious problem i bet they gonna dig deep to find somehting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts