Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to every one, I am a newbie on the site, who has a problem!!! (Don't we all!)

I have a 3.2DSG RHD UK model, which makes a rumbling noise when taking long radius corners (larger roundabouts) at mid speeds (in the region of 40mph). The rumbling noise sounds and vibrates through like the car is being driven over a lot of transverse ridges, the sort you'd find as rumble markers at the side of the motorway.

Straighten the car up and its fine. The noise would appear to eminate from the front near side (passenger / left hand side) of the car. It happens in varying degrees although recently it has got progressively worse. Initially I thought it may be a piece of trim foweling the wheel , but on in spection there are not tell tale marks.

The car has been to my local Audi dealer, who could not trace the problem, although suggested that it may be related to corroded brake discs, which they replaced. The problem still exists.

The car is running Michelin front tyres which are approximately half worn and in good general condition. I am going to try swapping the front's to the rear and vise versa at the weekend (it is running Avon's at the back), to see if that makes a difference.

Has anyone else experienced the problem or does anyone have any ideas what else it could be??

·
Registered
186 Posts
You didn't indicate the mileage on your Tt but it might be worth checking the front wheel bearing? Often worn bearings make alot of noise when the car is turning and there is significant load on the wheel. The noise reduces or even stops when the wheel is unloaded (car straightens out).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts