Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of getting an audi TT awd soon, but dont know whats the big difference in years. ALso how good do they respond to mods and how light are they? I was thinking of a honda s2k but audi tt's look great as a coupe or hardtop!

Kenny

·
Registered
14 Posts
ive got a tt coupe 225 bhp 2003 c53 plate and absolutely love it, you can mod them easily with remaps etc and even big turbo upgrades etc, ive just started to mod mine. let me know if you kneed help finding a good one or about mods on [email protected]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Normally if your wanting a tuning platform id say "go jap" but on this occassion i wont. If its between a tt 225 or a s2k id say take the audi. the s2k is a revvy little so and so with little torque till the revs kick in. the problem with driving it well is you have to be in the vetec rev band at the right time or nothing really happens. i found this with some of my mivec cars (variable cam/valves).

the tuning possibilities for the s2k are limited unless expense is no problem. fliter and exhaust =20 odd bhp on it and thats about it till you do individual throttle boddies, turbo conversion or supercharger. both of those will be over 5k to do.
where as with the tt you already have a better tuning platform: strong and capable engine and intercooled turbo. so for less money you can get better results. also the tt will be a cheaper car to pick up. however its far more common than the honda as its on every street corner. the build quality is much better in the tt too.

but you know if your talking about getting a £10000 car and spending £3000 say modding it. why not get something like an M3 evo or a bmwz3m or an audis4 or tvr chimera 5ltr. much better than a tt!!!
Have you considered a mitsubishi evolution? :D

ps- they weigh in at 1400kg

·
Registered
11 Posts
The s2k is not that much fun to drive in a day to day deal. going down the high way it revs way to high and makes me think is going to pop a pistion. yeah its fast but i dont really like them so much. PLUS ITS NOT AWD!!! the TT 225 on the other hand is a fun car to drive to work and home and were ever else you want to go. you really do get a lot of looks the sexy beast that the TT is and that turbo just to hear it spool up just puts a grin in my face!! I drove hondas all my life and there all right, but there just not as fun to drive as the TT is. O yeah i work at honda as a tech so i got to drive every honda around and for some reason i now hate them now there loud and most of them are riced out.. you really just have to get what you really like the best. my vote is the TT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts