Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 TT Quattro, 180 hp turbo with 39K miles. In the last 3 months Ive had to replace the CD changer, instrument cluster, a sensor for washer fluid and a component for the driver side door window. The car was absolutely immaculate when I bought it from the Audi dealership. It appears to have been well cared for. I'm concerned that there may be an on-going problem with electrical components. Any comments?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Two thoughts on this.....

1. Possibly a flood car, there are many "floating around" your area.......LOL! All kidding aside is there any rust on the seat mounting brackets or on any of the screws under the dash??? Water damage is hard to detect and will screw with your electronics. Possibly a sea monkey infestation in your electrical system! :wink2:

2. Check the lemon law buyback law for your state if you have major concerns, that many electrical problems in a "short" period......SORRY....may qualify you for a dealer buyback. I have seen it done for less than this!

Bill

·
Registered
149 Posts
:crying:
Hi Jeff and welcome to the forum.
It does sometimes appear that the the TT is somewhat plagued with irritating faults and I have had a number of similar experiences to date. I have recently replaced the MAS, currently have an intermittent indicator failure and also have a problem with blank lines across the computer screen. I also have a fault with the air recirculation vent motor not working. This is all apart from the the engine replacement that was done in November 04 after a valve failure at 50 000km. Also had to replace the flywheel and clutch plate (I suspect the previous owner's driving style) as well as new disks and pads all round (again the previous owner). To complete the list, the fuel guage is also out and needs recalibration (if that is possible).
:)
Notwithstanding that, I do love my car but it does seem expensive to maintain. Unfortunately there is not much advice I can offer in terms of your problems and I guess we can only hope that the new parts have a reasonable lifespan.
:mellow:
Not to put too fine a point on it but forums do tend to highlight problems as this is what people often join for. I have a friend who has a new BMW X5 and within a month of driving off the showroom floor, had to have the computer replaced. So not only the TT I guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the replies. The car does have the Audi Assured warranty until September '06 or 100K, so it really isn't costing much to have the repairs made. I'm not very interested in making repairs like that when it's my responsibility to pay. I think the instrument cluster was $1700!

I love driving my TT (it's a Denim Blue Coupe) and it's one of the best looking cars on the road. Plus, the interior rivals any car I've seen for quality and aesthetics. Hopefully, all the bugs will get worked out and I'll have years of reliable driving. Especially since I only put 5K per year on my cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts