Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all, i have been unfortunate to be on my 4th dash cluster now in my 00 TT roadster can anyone top that? No seriously why i am writing is to see is this may be indicative of a greater issue?

The current cluster is randomly resetting the date and time and also the trip meter, has anyone had this issue, could it be a battery issue? and i thought this would be lucky number 4!

·
Registered
149 Posts
:huh:
Hi u-bahn,
Welcome to the audi-forum. It seems that there is a problem with the dash cluster, more than one person has reported some kind of problem. I personally am living with horizontal blank lines running across the computer display. These cannot be fixed by replacing just the screen and the entire cluster will have to be replaced. I am holding off doing this due to the expense.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Originally posted by Kelvin@Feb 8 2005, 12:15 AM
:huh:
Hi u-bahn,
Welcome to the audi-forum. It seems that there is a problem with the dash cluster, more than one person has reported some kind of problem. I personally am living with horizontal blank lines running across the computer display. These cannot be fixed by replacing just the screen and the entire cluster will have to be replaced. I am holding off doing this due to the expense.

Audi issued a technical bulletin on this subject. Ask your dealer for a copy of the bulletin to see if they may offer to repair /replace and under what conditions. These bulletins are sometimes like hidden warranty.

·
Registered
149 Posts
:thumbsup:
Thanks cheesemax, I will do a bit of digging. I already have a bit of a reputation with my dealer for being pushy, so a bit more prodding is not gonna hurt!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently had to take my 2000 TT in to have the air compresser and clutch for it replace, as well as a bad sensor. The dealer said that if it wasn't that sensor it may be a bad instriment pannel and that would run me around $900, all that after forking out two grand for the other stuff. I was glad it was just the sensor. Then a few days ago I was wiping down the dash, went to start it up and the pannels electronics weren't comming on. I let the car run a few minutes to see if that would clear the problem and the coolant light came on. So I unhooked the battery let it sit a few minutes and hooked it back up, it appeared to fix the problem (for now). I have also had a recent problem with the hatch open and fuel tank cover buttons not working.
Libby

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by u-bahn@Feb 7 2005, 01:46 AM
G'day all, i have been unfortunate to be on my 4th dash cluster now in my 00 TT roadster can anyone top that? No seriously why i am writing is to see is this may be indicative of a greater issue?

The current cluster is randomly resetting the date and time and also the trip meter, has anyone had this issue, could it be a battery issue? and i thought this would be lucky number 4!
Hi u-bahn. I'm having the instrument cluster replaced on my '00 TT next Tuesday. I hope it solves the problem with erratic malfunctioning of error lights (ABS, EPS, etc) and gas gauge problems. They put one in a week ago and it didn't work. Fortunately, I have 18 months left of a bumper-to-bumber warranty. I hope I don't have to use it constantly. I also have a '00 Passat that has been very reliable. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
i had my date and trip meter reset on me a couple of times, and it turned out to be the battery. If the battery is old and hasnt been replaced, then what happens is that you drive the car around and it charges just enough to start the car again. the problem is that when you start the car, the voltage drops so low because the battery is weak and resets the dash. It shouldnt reset your radio since it has a memory backup. it will just reset the cluster. if the car is under warranty, get a new battery since its covered.....freebie!

·
Registered
149 Posts
:)
This doesnt seem to be an unusual problem and a member once before experienced a similar problem. Changing the battery seems to do the trick. If it is nearing its useful lifespan, it looks like it plays havoc with the on board computer, which makes sense, although I would imagine there should be some alarm condition that gets triggered to warn of it well in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts