Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i got bored the other day and decided to start project front mount intercooler. I am still waiting for my seidl body kit so the car is up for any projects until that kit is installed. Results......well lets just say that its cold. I did not want to shell out 1500 for the forge kit which from the pics uses a fin/tube style intercooler when i could get a bar/plate intercooler. I ordered a decent size intercoler from a race shop i work with. The core is 18x10x2.5 it has 2.5 inch in/outlet. For the tubing i used mandrel bent 2.5" stainless steel, and the 4ply silicone hoses with nut/bolt clamps, not the crappy screw style. the kit cost me 650 to make and with the ABD A4 intake manifold with the larger runners we it will end up being at about 1150. goop part is that the manifold is supposed to give a decent increase in power, a Gain 12-20+hp / 14-22 ft.lbs! and the intercooler i would say gives a good 10-15 hp, not to over-estimate. all i know is that after some really hard driving the pipe between the intercooler and manifold was still cold while the rest of the pipes before the intercooler are preety hot. and the overall power output potential with a chip should be atleast 5-10hp higher than the forge setup. the paint in the pics is scratched since it was still fresh when i mounted it and since i move things around the shop a lot.

If anyone is interested in this setup I was thinking of making a couple since the car will have a downtime of a month or so. i would do it for $700/kit with raw tubing. you can paint it at your own will but it is not needed since its stainless.

this is my shop its small but works!....we do a lot of performance stuff but mainly custom fiberglass systems and interiors. any bolt on part as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts