Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Allroad that I bought less than a month ago. Just this A.M. my check engine light came on. Also having a VW, being that the light was not flashing and there seem to be no obvious symptoms, I am not significantly concerned. Restarting the car to come home from my short trip did not make the light go away, so I guess it wasn't just a fluke.

Is there any way I can troubleshoot the cause for the indicator light before I call for a repair appointment?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check your gas cap..A loose gas filler cap set off my check engine light..possibly you didn't tighten enough when you filled up..it should click, or you might need a new gas cap...good luck...mike

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
do find out wut it is u have to get a vag-com its the dealers way of hooking u in
but i say its nuthing serious i bet like a 02 sensor is out or something to do with emissions

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, the light appears to be a fluke. When I am not in a hurry and do the two-stage starting process (turn key to first position to turn on instrument panel, then start) the light doesn't come on.

Leave it to my husband to break my car - he was the one driving when it came on! :lol:

Anyhow, all seems to be well again...but I will be looking into that VAG-Com stuff!

:liebe011:

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
lol.... never trust a man and a german....

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Originally posted by lakwriter@Apr 11 2006, 06:51 PM
Ok, the light appears to be a fluke. When I am not in a hurry and do the two-stage starting process (turn key to first position to turn on instrument panel, then start) the light doesn't come on.

Leave it to my husband to break my car - he was the one driving when it came on! :lol:

Anyhow, all seems to be well again...but I will be looking into that VAG-Com stuff!

:liebe011:
glad everything worked out well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts