Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
The guys at Audi and ZF really do not want the user to mess around with transmission fluid levels (drag...). First the car must be on level ground. second the transmission temp must be 40C. Third you have to remove the fill / drain plug from the underside of the transmission. Finally you have to use a special Audi tool that looks like a hook to pump the fluid into the case until it starts to drip out. What kind of transmission issu do you have? You may want to just find a good indi transmission guy and let them worry about it.
Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
it is really that complicated to change transmission oil.

make sure the car is warmed up, take it for a ride for a few miles, highway or street driving is fine. park the car on level surface and remove the drain plug as soon as you can. Then just use a simple tranny fluid pump from auto zone to put the fluid back into the pan> This is not a special audi part, they just charge you $90 an hour to think it is...

If you have an auto, then you might need to remove some other parts to get access to transmission pan.. it's slightly more tedious.

good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi my question is about a 93 audi 90cs transmission 2.8 engine:

The problem I have is that when I shift from park to drive, the car doesnt move as if I shifted to neutral. Somebody told me that it is startin on 3rd gear instead of 1rst. Can somebody tellme if that's normal? This is the second transmission on my car, the other one used to do the same thing. I will appreciate every answer. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Macemiloux@May 9 2006, 01:05 AM
Hi my question is about a 93 audi 90cs transmission 2.8 engine:

The problem I have is that when I shift from park to drive, the car doesnt move as if I shifted to neutral. Somebody told me that it is startin on 3rd gear instead of 1rst. Can somebody tellme if that's normal? This is the second transmission on my car, the other one used to do the same thing. I will appreciate every answer. Thank you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do you know exactly whee the drain plug is for the Automatic trannies on 95 audiA6?

slobo said:
it is really that complicated to change transmission oil.

make sure the car is warmed up, take it for a ride for a few miles, highway or street driving is fine. park the car on level surface and remove the drain plug as soon as you can. Then just use a simple tranny fluid pump from auto zone to put the fluid back into the pan> This is not a special audi part, they just charge you $90 an hour to think it is...

If you have an auto, then you might need to remove some other parts to get access to transmission pan.. it's slightly more tedious.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts