Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a 99.5 A4 1.8 T...recentely did a oil change myself, a few days later audi advised that there was way too much oil in the engine..After doing the oil change I noticed the transmission jerks when I come to a quick stop and I kinda also hear a humming noise when accelerating...audi drained the oil to the right level and I still have this problem..nothing came up on the scan at audi..any thougts on whats going on with my car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem...that's what prompted me to find this forum.
Did you ever get the jerking problem figured out???
I'd really like to know what you found.....
Thanks,
Mike

[email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
What do you mean by jerking? i have a 99 a4 and when i am braking for a light or stop sign a little faster then normal i can feel the transmission sort of like pop back into first? its wierd but it might just be a problem with the car?

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
yea i have the same situation with redrocketa4, my car does the same thing when i stop a little faster then normal!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is exactly the reason why I found this site. I was looking to see if many others had the same problem..I have a 2005 A4 Avant. I have just over 8,000 miles on it. I have taken it in 3 flippin times, in less then a year. When I come to a stop it just jerks. When it has gotten real bad in the beginning it literally felt as if the transmission was going to fall out. It doesn't do it all the time. It has been just about 3,000 miles since I took it in last. Audi told me they had to flush the system. They've done that and of course it is acting up AGAIN. One more time and my car will be classified as a lemon in my state. Thank god I have everything documented and emails I saved from the service manager.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts