Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone,i've been wondering for a while now if it were possible to do a 5spd tranny swap or maybe even a 6spd from the S4 (since it's almost the same displacement) into my 98 audi A4 2.8l quattro sportline auto/trip. i do have mods like the giac chip from awetunning,milltek exhaust,and short-ram intake. so when and if my tranny goes i was saying to myself y not convert to a manual. i no i'm goin to have to get all the components like a clutch,tranny,maybe transfer case, driveshaft,and probally more things. so if anyone can help me out on this subject it would be greatly appreciated!!!
thanx
mandoh

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
haha yes that would be me,but i scratched that idea and i'm saving for the blower. but i'm saying when its time for a new tranny,y not go manual. so i wanted to see wat the difficulty of that would be.i love doin things to my car that arent normal as u can see.lol

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha everyone tells me to get an S4,but to me thats just another money pit that i dont want to fall in.i say this b/c my car has went under a major maintnence fixing this past yr.timing belt,water pump,cv joints,contrl arms,tied rod ends,valve cover gaskets,window switches,and much more.my car is already payed off,so i dont want to go and pay 20 thousand used for an S4 w/ 30k on it and then a little down the road go and do more maintnence crap to that. i'm 18yrs and goin to college. so either way i can't afford an S4. but later on in life i most likely will purchase an S4,just not now. so thats y i'm modding the he** out of the A4,well at the best of my ability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts