Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I have a weird issue. On perfectly dry and tacky roadways I get the ESP activating and sapping my power. Now allbeit, it is when I really step on the gas, but it is weird nonetheless. I turn off the Protection and all is well. It is strange. So, to have the maximum fun and acceleration I need to turn off the system. This problem normally occurs from a dead stop. Also, the power sapping is acting only activating for a period of time and then shuttting off just like it would in wet weather. Also, I have had my windows down and I am not leaving any rubber on the pavement.
Note: The system works fine in wet weather.

Any Ideas?

:gunsmilie:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Could be an issue with the accelorometer sensor that governs the ESP. Also could be a drive line or transmission sensor. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had that same issue in B5 S4 once in a while. It mostly happened after I cleaned my car or had it cleaned and the tires had 'stuff' on them. My S4 was a manual shift and it mostly happened in 1st gear. Sometimes on the switch from 1st to 2nd also. Is your A6 manual or auto?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
i didnt know they mad a6's in manual

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Audi A6 is an Automatic Stick. I know what a lot of people think, the Auto-Stick is not manual, and they are right. But, I get enough fun out of the car while using it for my primary purpose of driving around to clients. I am in NJ, so a manual car would mean I would be spending a lot of time building my left calf muscle up. I get my manual kicks on my Honda Valkyrie.

:grin:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think you could get an older A6 in a manual, but I really don't know.

I live in CT and used to commute to Long Island so I am no stranger to traffic. In my 12 years of commuting, I figured out that I did less tap-dancing on the pedals in my MANUAL by leaving it in 1st gear, letting the car in front of me go 5-10 car lengths ahead, and tapping the gas once in a while. My other ride is an Infinity FX with a manual mode and I drop it into 1st gear and leave it there in traffic also. I never understood why people tailgate in traffic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Laseron@May 31 2006, 08:58 AM
Could be an issue with the accelorometer sensor that governs the ESP. Also could be a drive line or transmission sensor. Let us know what you find.
Do you think the VAG-COM will show these sensors spiking if I were to integrate it while driving? Can you do that?

:innocent:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts