Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in a dilemma as to weather I should install the spoiler in which I have in my possession. (the previous owner chose not to have it put on).

Does the TT look better with its smooth sleek flowing curved rear or with the cute little spoiler?

I like the smooth behind as is, but maybe if there was a better looking after market spoiler out there I might consider putting one on.

MMmmm not sure……..just wondering on what you think!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
B)
Hey QTT, personally I prefer the look with it on, more sporty. Apart from that it is not just about aesthetics. Originally the car was produced without the spoiler and it was added soon after due to handling issues at higher speeds.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i've seen a great aftermarket one and i dont wont to end up getting the holes drilled and have the orginal installed and then may have to end up removing it to put a different one on. Its book in with Audi to have it installed in 2wks so i really need to decide. OH decisions decisions.

·
Registered
149 Posts
:huh:
Yeah I know what you mean but I guess only you can figure this one out. Have you seen the other aftermarket one installed on a TT? I like the OEM one, small & discrete yet still has impact.
LOL, I know I am probably not helping much!

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have seen it on a TT pic (attatched) and it looks great but i have no idea where to get it from.......ive asked alot of freinds about it and they like the orginial and think the after market one will change the look too much. so ive now decided to go ahead with the orginal. i dont know which is the OEM one!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
^_^
OEM=original equipment manufacturer (the one you got with the car)
Personally I gotta side with your friends, I prefer the standard TT one. You out-numbered mate! :wink2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to agree with kelvin on this one. The original spoiler, i think, makes the car look sporty and sleek without changing the cars "look"

Jamie

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know Im a little late getting into this forum, but here is my two cents. As stated above the spoiler was put on by Audi do to performance issues at high speeds. Appearantly when the car would maintain 100 mph or faster the vehicle did not produce enough down-force and would lift off the road, creating less traction. It was Germany that reported the majority of the accidents. Thus came out the mod for the front and rear spoiler. As for asthetics its up to you, its your ride. The question is more. What do you like? Just becareful of the after market spoilers, remember what I said above, at speed you will need it. So make sure that it is a functional wing and installed/adjusted properly. If you dont drive fast or track the car, then do what you want. Again its your car. :57:

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well when i picked up the car in melbourne, i was doing 200kms most of the way back to Adelaide...and the car was stable as a rock, so smooth....so there goes that lift off theory......you must need a big draft of wind at the same time to get lift off. I ended up putting on the original spoiler on anyway cause it was just taking up room in the garage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts