Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having read on the Audi UK website about how all new A6 and A8's with sat nav would also be getting the TMC (traffic management channel) integration to automatically route them around traffic hold ups, I was very dissappointed when I pick up my new A6 Avant on Saturday to learn that this feature isn't live yet.

Anyone know when we are likely to get this turned on in the UK?

Ta

G.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure? I was told that Audi UK hadn't paid the license fee to use the service (which is apperently free in much of the rest of europe).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an INFO button on the MMI section which displays traffic issues from the TMC (source is noramlly RAC).

My SatNav often says "Route recalculated due to traffic conditions". I guess I presumed that was the TMC source.

Does that sound like the functionality you're talking about?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that does indeed sound like the TMC is working for you. Do you have the DVD or CD-ROM based nav?

When I picked up my car I asked the dealer about TMC and was told that Audi hadn't paid the license fee yet, and so it wouldn't (and indeed doesn't) work. My TMC icon in the nav display is crossed out.

I've written to audi customer services and await a definitive response.

Ta

G.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good evening

This is my first post to this forum so I hope I don't make too many gaffes.

I picked up a 2005 A6 last week with DVD Sat-Nav and noted that the TMC wasn't working and found this group when searched Google for any information. I spoke to my dealer who acknowledged that it was an issue. They were waiting for an update from Audi UK and would call me when they had some news. Being an impatient type I called Audi Customer Service myself. Apparently they have a test vehicle which is due to start TMC trials this week which hope to have completed in two to three weeks. If successful, they will start rolling out updates to the dealers shortly afterwards. Unfortunately, thay were unable to confirm if there would be a charge for this. Guess I'll have to carry on using my TomTom for a bit longer then but having three sat-nav screens on the go at once does seem like overkill!

I'll update this thread if I hear anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I spoke with Audi UK yesterday. They have recently completed their tests and they were successful. The technical department are currently writing the repair procedures which should be sent out to dealers within the next few weeks.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
567 Posts
TMC should work on any A6/A8 built after week 45 2005. As you said, originally Audi had released TMC for earlier cars, but then withdrew it due to problems with upgrades. So hopefully if your information is correct, we should be asked by audi to drop the cars in for updates soon.

Originally posted by Gadgetman@May 11 2006, 11:40 AM
I spoke with Audi UK yesterday. They have recently completed their tests and they were successful. The technical department are currently writing the repair procedures which should be sent out to dealers within the next few weeks.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is now an upgrade DVD avaliable. Your local Audi dealer will complete the upgrade as a warranty job, it takes a couple of hours. Mine was completed a few weeks ago and TMC now works fine. The upgade also upgrades all of the other MMI components. Beats paying £400 for a new DVD...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts