Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a quick question regarding tire on my 2003 Allroad that we just purchased.

It has Goodyear Wrangler F1's on there now and 2 of them are bad.

I was told by Las Schwab and Discount Tire that the Toyo Proxes TPT V-Rated were the best for this car.

What do you all think?
Kevin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well,
Audi is buying the tires since the ones that are on here when we purchased the car, (Goodyear’s) need to be replaced...

K

·
Registered
3 Posts
Goodrich G-Force T/A 225/50ZR-16 WOW!!

These tires TRANSFORMED my 2001 A6 2.7t; from pretty good handling sedan to 4 door 911 turbo (well almost)! Bolt right on, good clearance, unreal cornering; I can now THROW this car at corners and stomp the gas. What a rush. NONE of my buddies can stay with me on twisty mountain roads now. Plus, with the 50 sidewall, I don't have to baby it like 30's and 40's. Been there, done that dented rim thing. Got them at the Costco tire sale, set of 4 for $300, installed. Try it, you'll see!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Guys I know with the Toyos are quite happy. Maogacl has a good point about the Goodrich T/As. I put some Kumo ASTs on my Durango and have been quite happy. I guess it sort of depends on your driving application.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got four Goodyear Assurance Triple P225/55HR17's at $155.00 per tire. Less expensive than the Goodyear Allroad tires. Better ride and hopefully a longer life than 18K. They're an 80K tire. Less expensive, better ride and heck if I can 40K - I'll be a happy camper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tires seem great. A better ride I think. Time will tell. Taking her to her last free maintenance service this Friday. I'll make a note on how they are doing towards the end 07.

·
Registered
1 Posts
penogg said:
I've got a quick question regarding tire on my 2003 Allroad that we just purchased.

It has Goodyear Wrangler F1's on there now and 2 of them are bad.

I was told by Las Schwab and Discount Tire that the Toyo Proxes TPT V-Rated were the best for this car.

What do you all think?
Kevin
i have stayed with the "allroad" brand from day one. i have a 2001 and all is well. they are cheap and ride well. david

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi There,

I drive with the Toyo Proxes on my allroad and found them to be great. I do some tar driving but mostly off road. Definitely a good buy.

Frans

1 - 9 of 9 Posts