Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a suitable replacement for my 3.2 DSG. The car came with Pirelli 225/40zr-18 Rosso high performance tires. I want to put an all season tire on them as I am a high mileage driver. Any suggestions would be helpful. Attached is a page I downloaded with the tires I am looking at. Interested to hear your opinion.

THX

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
:mellow:
I have the Michelins on my car and find them fine. I cant make any comparison since I never tried any of the other brands on the TT.
The tires seem to handle the heat very well out here in the Middle East, which is more of a factor than the cold. Coming from South Africa we drive on all weather tires as a standard so it would unusual to change for the season. The same is true out here.
;)
Judging from the comparison you pulled up, they all rate pretty well and maybe there is more of a brand conscious decision to be made if that is an issue, not to mention pricing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Kelvin@Dec 3 2004, 10:50 PM
:mellow:
I have the Michelins on my car and find them fine. I cant make any comparison since I never tried any of the other brands on the TT.
The tires seem to handle the heat very well out here in the Middle East, which is more of a factor than the cold. Coming from South Africa we drive on all weather tires as a standard so it would unusual to change for the season. The same is true out here.
;)
Judging from the comparison you pulled up, they all rate pretty well and maybe there is more of a brand conscious decision to be made if that is an issue, not to mention pricing.
Thanks, I narrowed it down between the Michellins or the Pirelli's. Since I really like the quiet ride of the Pirelli's I'm leaning that way. Both brands have identical treadware ratings but my dealer says they are internally rated so I have to wonder which will give me the best ware. I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
149 Posts
B)
Sounds good, keep us posted on your decision, I am interested to hear your feedback if you go for the Pirelli's. With the car pretty low off the ground we already get quite a bit of road noise, I wouldnt mind getting a little less for the same performance the next time I need to replace my tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't comment on the Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S tires, but from my experience with the P6 allroad tires on our 2001 allroad, I am not impressed with the mileage out of those tires.

The allroad OE tires wore out in 12,000 miles (I think the treadwear rating by Pirelli was 240).

When they wore out, I went to the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires (treadwear rating 400 by Michelin). Michelin does consistent treadwear ratings across their tire spectrum (so a 400 on one type of tire should yield the same results on their other tires).

I had MXV4's on our Accord that went 40,000 before they were tread worn. I put 14,000 on the Pilot Sport A/S before I turned the car in and they showed little treadwear.

You have to balance the cost difference versus treadwear to see if the mileage on the Michelins justifies the additional cost.

My 2 cents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts