Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just purchased a 2003 A4 1.8T quattro that has Fuzion ZRi 235/45R17 tires on it (assuming they were not original). Max tire pressure is 51 psi. Any suggestions on what psi I should keep these at? I'm a mildly aggressive city driver and exhibit the occasional outburst of speed, but otherwise mostly normal city driving. I live where it is hot as hell in the summer, mild in the winter, and rains a lot all year.

Any thoughts on the quality of the tires and what sort of life I can expect out of them? I'm used to an old 4Runner with much larger tires that I was able to get 60k miles out of.

Cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
What does the sticker on the B pillar say?

I trust the tyres are the proper load index?

If sizes and load indexes match any on the sticker, then use them.

Rgds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply TT. The car says 30 psi for 3 people plus some bags 38 for a full load. The tires are at 35 now and 80% of the time it is just me driving; the other 20% my skinny wife and me. I'm just looking to maximize tread life and gas mileage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
I have found that tyre wear was a bit high on my FWD Cabriolet. Tyre fitter recommended dropping 2 psi all round. Tyre wear now better and more even across the tyre
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
OK, just remember to monitor your treadwear with a proper depth gauge at regular intervals. At the end of the day, the sticker is only a guide and base point. Adjusting from the sticker guide to suit your driving style, roads, load in car is perfectly acceptable.

Enjoy your A4

Rgds
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top