Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to change my tire i have taken off all the lugs and need only to put on the replacement tire. I have had trouble taking off the old wheel though? Does anybody know what i need to do, or am i just not pulling hard enough? Because i pulled with as much force as i wanted to put on my car and it seemed like the old wheel was still attached. I took off all 5 lugs but there does seem to be a center metal piece that obviously fits into the wheel, but on that piece there is another bollt type pattern, is there something there that i need to loosen? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Audi wheels fit over a hub centric ring - some aftermarket wheels use a separate ring adapter to fit the Audi hub to a larger hole in the wheel. My 1999 A4 only has the wheel mount directly to the hub. When I changed tires recently, the mechanic had a difficult time getting one wheel off. Had to rock it back and forth and twist and hit it and persuade it to come off. The car was on a lift, not a jack, so he could use a larger amount of force than I might have tried if the car had been on a jack.

Eventually he did get it off, and when he put it back on he put a small amount of anti-sieze around the hub ring.

Be careful, but give the wheel a good pull and twist and wiggle it off a bit at a time.

VB

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Its stuck on due to the time its been on and the heat generated from the brakes.

Get a rubber hammered and hit the tyre around the edge... (dont hit too hard on the rim)

like above just wiggle it to get it off or get a mate and both of you just pull.. it will come off..

(if still havng probs, remove the centre cap and spray it with some penetrating lube and leave to sook for about 10 mmins or so

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts