Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as most of the other forums i've been browsing lately take the mention of someone owning an automatic as an invitiation for harrassment, i thought i'd post here and hope i could get some responses. i've read a few reviews from people about getting a tip chip for their tiptronics and i've been unable to locate anyone still selling them, which usually is a bad sign... anyone with 2 cents to add, advice, or links? thanks!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
awetunning.com sells them, and i actually hear they are great for the triptonic transmission. it improves shifting like 75% or some crazy number like that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but what about for a car with more miles say upwards of 120k is it going to benefit it? or is it going to cause it to self destruct perhaps?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
You take risk of causing damage to the transmission as the Tiptronics are prone to failure and not as strong as the manual..

Not so advisable to chip it... but its your choice at the end ofthe day !!

·
Registered
170 Posts
T-sport said:
You take risk of causing damage to the transmission as the Tiptronics are prone to failure and not as strong as the manual..

Sorry, but that statement is false. The tiptronic transmission, also known as a DCT. Dual Clutch Transmission, is actually stronger then the A4, S4, and....even the RS4 transmission. It can also be built to hold way more power then the aforementioned units. I've had a tip chip in my car for almost 10 months. I've got 110k on my car, and I've NEVER had a problem. Don't listen to all the hype about your Tip being shotty

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where do each of you get your information from? its something i want to look into but i don't exactly have money coming out of the wazoo so i'd prefer it not to blow up my tranny...

·
Registered
170 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts