Audi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of thier cars with the windows tinted? How much did you pay? My A6 is Mingblue so I think it would look B)
THANKS

·
Registered
186 Posts
Got my A4 tinted for about $250.00 through a friend who is a used car dealer. Be careful what kind of film these use on the job. There are several different qualities available. Go with a top or near top quality. Some of the cheaper stuff doesn't look so good once its actually on the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mr Moderator -

What tint did you use on your Allroad? California law is quite picky about the amount of tinting. Did you do the driver and front passenger windows or just the back passengers and 'trunk' area'?

I've been thinking about getting the A6 done since I don't have a rear window shade.

How much tinting did you use on the back window?

With the window tinting, was the visibility reduced at night? Any overall visibility concerns?

Just curious,

CA2.7TS

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just had my 6 tinted, 23% on the rear and sides up to the front doors then 47% on the front doors (legal requirement in the UK)

The car is Avus Silver and now looks Awesome !! well worth the £300 spend on it. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
I put tints according to local regulation, 35% fronts, 65% rear doors and 80% on rear window. My car is black (sport pack) with black trim. The darker tint, especially on the rear deck and rear door windows looks great!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Jonny Hotpants and Cheesemax - any photos? What tint material did they use? Any info on good work is helpful.

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Cheers,

CA2.7TS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The windows on my car are done. Looks great. $260 with a no-fault warranty.
I will post pictures as soon as I recharge the batteries for the digi-cam. Went with the 30% all around. Blocks 99% of all UV. and 50% of heat. That will help when summer shows up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
:w00t:

Just had the rear, quarters and passenger side windows tinited over the weekend. Went with 20% on the rear window and 35% on the quarters and the passenger sides. My installer was the same guy who did my clear bra. Excellent JOB!

The car looks sweet without getting too limo looking.

I will be posting photos after I shoot some this coming weekend.

My installer used the SolarGard product - TRUE GREY.

Can't go wrong getting ready for the summer months.

CA2.7TS :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks good - not to dark !

Vey similar to the tinting I had done. I 'll post pics once we see some sunshine.

Enjoy !

CA2.7TS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is what you call your basic Yao Ming Blue. :p LOL (for you bball fans)
Love that color, in the shade it looks black, in the sun it looks dark blue.
Got 30% put on all the way around, 35% the law, but the shop said don't worry be happy. We'll see. There is the + or - factor, some cars come with the windows already tinted and so they (cops) have to allow for that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts