Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to embarq on replacing my timing belt, water pump, crank seal, thermostat and auxillary belts. (Getting the kit from BlauParts.com)

This is a 20v engine.

Now, I see you need special tools to do the procedure? Where would I buy these? I can rent them from Blauparts, but they want almost 400 bucks! wow.

Greg?? Buddy?? hahaha... Do you have a set I can rent? I'm a trustworthy guy and would compensate you generously.

Is this a hard job? On my MK1 rabbits it's like a 2 hour job. I know I have to dismantle the front of the car, not looking forward to that.

Any things I should be aware of? I'm going to follow the guide on audi20v.net so it should be pretty straight forward.

My pulleys started squealing this morning really bad. So it needs to be done real soon.

·
Registered
722 Posts
hahaha...Doug you make me laugh bro. Sorry though, I don't have any of those tools to do the timing belt and such. I was lazy and had my engine builder do it for me...I know I am so ashamed. Anyway's good call on the audi20v.net to help you out with that job. It is very straight forward. If you need any help just haller and I'll come a callin'. Oh BTW I just put my brand spankin new motor in the coupe. She gave me a fight to get her in there but I won the battle. Just have to hook up some more electronics and fill her full of oil/coolant and high test gas and I'm ready to roll. I'll talk to you soon. Oh and taking the whole front of the car off is not that bad of a job...it's also pretty straight forward. Good luck and take your time. Cheers!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Slacker! hhahahaha

Cool man, glad to hear you got your new heart in! Sweet!! Any pics? I would really love to see your ride.

Well, I probably end up buying the tools, I hate to rent. I'll need them again in 60,000 miles anyway.

Wow... Too much Rummmm...LOL weekends rock. :eek::cool:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Damn murphy's law. I was almost ready to fire her up yesterday and I was swapping the ignition wires from the old distributor to the new and I ended up breaking one of the wires in half. No happy. But yeah I will definately get some pics out as soon as I'm done. Talk to you later. Oh and yeah prolly a good idea just to buy the tools as you said you'll need them again in 60,000 anyways. Later!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts