Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new to the Audi world and especially to the forum, well i bought my first Audi in April 2006, its a 2000 A4 1.8t. An excellent car i love it, i wanted to ask you guys if some could tell me at how many kilometers should i get teh belt changed, also is it important to get it done by Audi dealership or any other mechanic. The cost i am getting is around $1500 CAN. from audi and abot $500 from a private meechanic. I am pretty confused due to the massive difference in the price. Also what else should i get changed when getting the timing belt changed. My car has about 125000 kms,(about 75000 miles). Please help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi, asi know you should change the timing belt in 4 years or in each 60000 km ,well if possible take the belt from the audi aqnd then give it to the private mechanic if you trust him,i think then it would be ok, also is your cars timing belt changed in 60000 km ? ,it is not something so related to km and year about timing belt ,in the past years most of the companies were advicing to change it in 120000 km ,but when the costemers come around 80000-100000 km with the belt problem ,then thery changed the procedure and said that it should changew in 60,000 km ,japan cars are still asking for change in 100,000 km , so you should change it ,you already drived 5000 km without changin but as i said it is luck you can drive without changing with 300,000 km,but when your car is suddenly and strangely stop in the road and if you did not changed the belt on the time,don't start the car ,or try to start the car ,just call the service,if you start the car ,then you eill probably harm the subabs and the it will coast around 4000 usd.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts