Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

This is my first topic on this forum as a new owner of an March 2003 S4 Avant, so forgive me if the lingo is a bit off key.

I bought the car about 6 weeks ago and have had lots of fun with the torquey V8 but a problem with the throttle is starting to occur and I was wondering if any other S4 driver has had something similar and could offer any thoughts?

The problem occurs when lifting off the throttle; it either a) continues to rev where I left it, e.g: 4,000 rpm and then it slowly comes down or b ) it revs higher than where I left it and then comes down slowly. :(

This has only occurred in the last 5 days, whereas before it revved freely up and down, making engine braking one of the real features to controlling the car.

My first thoughts are that the throttle cable is getting stuck in its sleeve, but then I thought these cars are "fly by wire", i.e.: it uses a throttle sensor rather than a cable.

Anyone got any thoughts before I take it to the dealer and get told "all of these cars do that"...???

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is probably clutching at straws as you prob dont have the car anymore, but you seem to be the only one with this problem. I have just seen your question from 2005 on Audi forum, we have the same problem with our A4, did you ever resolve this and find out what was causing it.

thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts