Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while back i posted how do the gears work in the uk (right hand drive) is 1st still top left or is it top right? and is the clutch on the left or the right as well as the breaks

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi, no, it's exactly the same here with rhd cars as the lhd ones. Ist gear is top left and the clutch pedal is on the left, same with turn signal stalk and wipers, no difference.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by gerryd@Feb 28 2006, 01:32 PM
hi, no, it's exactly the same here with rhd cars as the lhd ones. Ist gear is top left and the clutch pedal is on the left, same with turn signal stalk and wipers, no difference.

aw man, what a let down that was.... atleast u guys have good beer :beer: :grin:

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
KAZYEE...

guess you know already!!!

as said above.... no different apart from the steering whel is on the other side...

even the ignintion is on the right....

I have drove a good few Left hand drives cars in the past and after about 10 - 15 mins it just feels normal... (even thought left hand drive is not! :bwekk: !)

the only issue is when i was drive a left hand drive car... i tended to look out of the car when wanting to look in the rear view mirror!! -- so use to look left and up and where you guys look right and up!

theres not much to it really!!

its just getting your head around driveing on the other side at roundabouts (not like you US have them!!) and at juncations!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts