Audi Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Wow - 9k to 12k for an 1998 A4 Quattro - that makes me sick!
I live in Portugal and have just bought an 1995 A4 Quattro 2.8l and it cost me USD$10,200!!!!!!!
Havent had any engine troubles with mine yet even though I have only had it for one month. Rear drivers elec window is bust and needs the whole motor inside replaced. Apparently a one in a million chance accident. The air packed in as well. I am having the car serviced today so hopefully they will sort out the problems.
My car has just hit 77.5K miles so I will let you know what the service garage tell me if there are any major problems or costs involved.

On your side of things, I probably would be inclined to keep the car for another while. I do believe Audi are expensive for replacement parts but its such a good car and if you are unable to upgrade to something better than that I think it would be better to keep the A4.

Hope that helps

Originally posted by prashant_pandey@Sep 25 2004, 11:15 PM
I'm hearing from a few different sources that there are potential electrical problems that kick in after 75K miles. My car is just turning 70K and I'm wondering whether it's worth keeping the car and paying for repairs, or trading it in for something new. Since I'm not made of money, I can't just go out and buy another car, so I'm trying my best to make the most cost-effective decision that will still allow me to experience driving pleasure.

Right now, my car works great and is very fun to drive. The engine is beginning to make some minor noises, which makes me think I'm going to have to replace something in the near future. The wheels are corroded and the Audi center caps fell off, so I replaced them for $25 each. I got new tires not more than a year ago and put only 6K miles on them and they are beginning to wear. They keep losing air pressure, so I've been riding on them low which causes excessive wear. NTB grinded the rims from the inside and resealed them which has slowed the leaking, but it's still happening.

What do you think? Is it worth trying to get between $9K - $12K for the car and look into something new, or is it worth keeping the car and running it into the ground?

Let me know what you think.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.