Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car handles very nice, beautiful steering control. I have never seen a better, smoother steering then on this car. However, very dissapointed in power. I excpected a little more kick out of those turbos, but acceleration felt very linear.
I test drove a 03 maxima that apperantly has 5 more hp and it felt a LOT quicker.

might have to opt. for 4.2 model.. any thoughts?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I went through the same decision before I settled on the 4.2. Not that there's anything wrong with the 2.7T. There are many more mods available for the 2.7T than the 4.2. Try to find a 4.2 with the sport package or an S6 to test.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by slobo@Jun 3 2006, 02:59 PM
might have to opt. for 4.2 model.. any thoughts?
I've been researching around at these 2.7T's too and it seems like the 2.7T should be faster than the 4.2. The 4.2 is actually almost 300 lb. heavier than the 2.7T. That's like having two extra people in the car with you.

If you check out car-stats.com, both 2001 versions are reviewed and the 2.7T has better 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

I think the 6-speed manual would be much more fun than the auto that comes with the 4.2

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
with a simple chip the engine can reach over 300hp

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same thoughts as you a few months ago....I REALLY wanted a manual-shift car, so I drove both the 6 speed 2.7 and the Tip....

I was disappointed with the peakiness of the engine, and ultimately opted for the 4.2.

Like they say, there's just no substitute for cubic inches....TORQUE TORQUE, TORQUE.

Now, if you're into tuning, then the 2.7 is or you.....LOTS of aftermarket parts - especially compared to the 4.2.

It's whatever you like right? Both are GREAT cars.....

Good luck slobo!

shoman

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 2.7 turbo is really compareable to the 3.2 six. Of course the 4.2 is faster but it is heavier and I like the agility of the 2.7. The 2.7 is faster than the 3.2 and has a good long and flat torque curve. The 2.7 can be made to equal the power with a chip if that floats your boat. Mine is the tipotronic which I think is a better application than the stick. The turbo has the torque and I think the problem with the stick is you have to know what gear you need to be in at all times. The Tipotronic is smarter than that and takes the burden off the driver.
Wayne in Houston
2.7 BiTurbo Quattro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maxima, give me a break

I have a 2.7T 6 speed. My car is modified with a GIAC X chip, Milltek Exhaust, Stratmosphere Diverter Valves and simple K&N Air filter and 19" wheels.

I was challenged by a brand new Maxima. I was behind him, but only for a second! He was no match foe my car.

Plus, Nissans and the Maxima in general are Ghetto Bling cars anyway!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes yes yes!!!! I'm glad you won everyone I know thinks Audi is crap, I disagree totally just see what he happened, he thought Audi was crap, now he will think thrise before trying to dice!!!!

Corne

·
Registered
137 Posts
Around here it always seems that the Acura (mainly the RL) guys want to play. Seems to happen most at the tool booths in Chicago. I can hear their motors winding up like a rubber band. I then press a little on the gas and the 4.2 does the rest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts