Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My water temperature needle doesnt work, it comes on sometimes, but very rarely, i have been advised that there are two types, a blue one and a green one.

I have also been advised that this is plugged to the radiator, my question is, how do i get to this and where exactly am i looking, as i want to check 1st to see if its just loose or something simple like that.

Thanks in advance.

Nilz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Nilz,

This is a DIYer and is really simple, just make sure the car is cold when you replace the coolant temp sensor, otherwise you'll get a face full of anti-freeze. The sensor is located at the back of the engine up high. First, unplug the connection, then take a small slotted screwdriver and pry the horseshoe looking clip off. Do not lose this piece, but you should get a new one with the new sensor. Then just lift off the sensor and replace with the new one and put the clip back on and reconnect the connection. Its that simple. I just did this last month and got mine from Blaufernugen for around $20. I would check the color of yours first and then call them at 920-758-3232. Connie ext. 106 Kieth ext. 104

Good Luck,

Buck

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this the one behind the water bottle, just below it, if so, then will i have to remove the bottle to get easier access to the sensor??

Also it looks like the sensor is a green one, so hopefully i will try and sort this out soon.

Oh and one more thing, i dont suppose you have a part number or picture of it do you??

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nilz,

If you look at where your battery is located the coolant temp sensor is at the back of the engine between the engine cover and the battery. I don't have a part # for the green sensor but the blue sensor part # is 078 919 501 B. The difference is the blue sensors are square and the green are oval in shape. I did not realize in the first reply you're from the U.K., so calling Blaufergnugen in the U.S. probably is not a good idea. Here's their website-- blauparts.com-- you might be able to search their site and at least get a part #.

Best of Luck

Buck

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Buck, thanks for your help, i have had a look and it looks like a black part in my car, with four wires coming out of it, but it does have a horseshoe clip on it...is this the same one, can i tell the colour by taking the part out??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts