Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that the new Porsche range you can drive at up to 30mph and still the roof will go up or come down - how do I get my A4 to do the same? (maybe not 30mph but more than the current 2mph) - can the computer be modified ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if you can opertate it when moving, however, I have seen some modules to enable one touch opening of the hood (you currently have to hold the button down) and remote opening closing of the hood from the key.
These are two different models, but not sure where you can purchase them from, if someone knows, it owuld be a great help, cheers
Edward

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
you may be able to get a kit or something along them lines.. or even vag-com... however the roof only goes back at that speed for a reason... i.e. the folding mechanism wont be strong enough to take the resistance of the wind speed against it without it trying to fold up behind its self, things may bend and break.... and that wont be cheap to fix..

its your call..

Cheers

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think I read somewhere that the new facelifted A4 Cab could raies the roof at about 15 or 20 mph. If this is true I would imagine that the pre 2006 models could me made to do the same. If its possible it is something I would consider doing

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
u need stronger hinges mannnnnn dont try to mess with the computer, however it is possible coz i seen it done, but at 20 miles an hour the pressure will **** up the hinges and then ull really be mad... just pull over is it rly worth the risk of ****in up your roof so you can roll at 20 mph and open / close your roof? If your roof comes off and its starts raining.... thats not pimpin :bwekk:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for that, I wasnt really intending to do the roof at 20mph, but 5 or 6 would help when traffic lights have just changed when the roof is half way up, you dont half feel like a ***** if you hold up traffic

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
i can call my friend to see how he did if you really want to know. im pretty sure its just grounding a wire to make it read like its parked i can ask him if you really wanna know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts