Audi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2009 Q7 with issues with the tailgate. When I press to close it it goes down a few inches and bounces back to full open. Have to push with my Hand to close it.
What can it be ?

Thanks
Auggie
Orlando FL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a 2009 Q7 with issues with the tailgate. When I press to close it it goes down a few inches and bounces back to full open. Have to push with my Hand to close it.
What can it be ?

Thanks
Auggie
Orlando FL
We have a 2007 Q7 that recently did the same thing. There are three motors used to open close and secure the lift gate. If the stiker in the car is dirty or worn out, it will not complete the closing process. We had to have the striker replaced which was about $600 at the dealer which was better than the $1400 that I was quoted if the lock down motor would have needed to be replaced. Try cleaning and lubing the striker and see that fixes it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have a 2007 Q7 that recently did the same thing. There are three motors used to open close and secure the lift gate. If the stiker in the car is dirty or worn out, it will not complete the closing process. We had to have the striker replaced which was about $600 at the dealer which was better than the $1400 that I was quoted if the lock down motor would have needed to be replaced. Try cleaning and lubing the striker and see that fixes it.
Hi Thanks will try cleaning the striker to see if the issue goes away.

Thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will try thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Thanks will try cleaning the striker to see if the issue goes away.

Thanks again
Hi Jeff

I removed one shock support from the hatch and the it closed by itself. I clean the striker but still same issue with both hatch supports installed.

Will have to purchase a new floor striker for the tailgate.

Thanks

Augie's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts