Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
A nice quick simple question... just bought an A6 as an old lease vehicle and have no manuals with the car. I've been told by people the Audi Symphony radio is an in dash 6 cd multichanger. I can't work out how to load more than 1 cd? Is it possible?

It's in an 1999/2000 A6

Also are these radios coded? Don't want to get caught out if battery gets disconnected

Thanks for help in advance Steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think m.y. <2002 changers are in the trunk behind the panel where the tool kit is. Yes these radios are coded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys
My changer is missing then! Oh well. Just reading an old post about fitting a symphonyII. Why does the cambus matter CraigyB? You got any more info on doing this

·
Registered
567 Posts
Canbus matters as it is the part of the system that tells the radio to turn on with the ignition, lights, radio stations to the DIS and speed sensitive volume are all sent over the can bus. Unlike your symphony 1 radio that does it all with seperate wires.

So your car is 1999/2000, it may have canbus, but not be used. The only way to really tell is if you have 3 connectors on the back of the cluster, green, grey and blue, if so you have a can enabled cluster and can install a symphony II for an A6. You just need to move some wires around at the cluster end and at the radio connector end to enable the can bus and maybe reprogramme the cluster to allow can communication.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts