Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So it seems that the previous owner of my recently purchased 2004 A4 either jammed up the the six-disc changer with a cd or there is a problem with the loading mechanism. Ive attempted to load a cd into the drive and there is something definitely obstructing the cd from entering. The "error 3" message that continues to pop-up on the screen is getting very annoying. Can anyone help?
:mad: :confused:
Gracias.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check your 12 pin connector plug where the cable goes into the cd changer's housing. Mine was badly corroded from water dripping down off the trunk lid edge when opening in wet weather (another Audi design fault)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks Rob for the reply but my player is in the dash (nada in the trunk).
I have a feeling the old lady that had my car before me jammed a disk or more in the 6-disk changer. Ive heard that if i pull the fuse or disconnect the neg. battery cable that it might eject...
Im a little nervous, i don't want to void my warranty if something were to go wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ill bet there is another CD stuck in the unit.

I inadvertantly put another CD in my unit when there was already one in - but it went in easy. I had tyo remove the full unit fromt he dahs board and take the back off the CD unit to remove the already installed sick.

Mick

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It turned out that the player was still under warranty and they pulled the old one out for and replaced it with a remanufactured one free of charge :) So far so good! They told me that they would give me whatever cd may have been stuck in the old one but i guess they never found any (I bought the car with the malfunctioning head unit).

Found out that the head unit has Panasonic guts... err maybe it was Pioneer.? Well no matter.

-J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts