Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is my original post from the B6 section.

Hi There all,
I am getting the "Error 3" message on my Symphony 2 unit. I have CD's in ALL 6 slots but I now, not only get this message, but I also cannot get my CD's out!!
One of my local dealers has said it's finnish and the only option os around £250 for an exchange unit! They also told me that as my car is out of warranty (it's under 3 years old but done 110,00 miles!) that it would be ok if I wanted to open the unit to try and either get it working or get my CD's out. However, the warranty seal on the unit also says that "Exchange" will be void if the seal is broken???

Any ideas guys?

Incidentally, the unit has been doing this on and off for at least 12 months, and when I told the dealer and said I'd always put that down to the fact I use copied CD's so the originals can't get stolen, he told me that copied CD's invalidate the warranty in any case!

Also, this has happened as my vehicle has been sat on the drive all week, but when I've had it out to change my car phone kit!!

OK, So now for the up date:

Upon calling the dealer again and speaking to the parts desk rather than the sevice desk, I m told 2 things:
1: Copied CD wouldn't cause the problem, and no mention of warranty void etc...
2: If I broke the seal to get my CD's out I would also loose the chance of the exchange! I would have to pay £238.00 + VAT, get the re-con unit and would have to wait up to 6 months to get my CD's back from my old unit!!!

Wow, I've had some pretty bad serice from Audi this year in particular, but wow, that takes the biscuit! I'm sure that I had the unit on "the slant" when I connected and re-connected it momentaraly and I rekon I've just jared the mechanism. At £238 + VAT, its a cheap and profitable re-con job for Audi!!

Anybody got any suggestions?

Regards,
Dave.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Thanks.

OK, so is it worth getting mine fixed?

I guess it's a no no to spend £250 with Audi, especially as I may nor have the car that long!

Wanna sell your's as is and I'll take the effort / chance on the code? If so, how much?

You can mail me on.... [email protected]

Dave,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts