Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people. i currently drive a mk4 toyota supra, 24 years of age and the petrol is killing my bank. planning on giving up the supra for something a bit my friendly to my wallet.

been looking at the a4 and a6 looking to spend between 3-4k one thing i am sure of is it has to be the 1.9tdi

what sort of mpg can i expect from this engine?

had fun with performance and sick of the 'zorst note from the supra just want a nice drive now (makes me sound like im getting old)

your help would be greatly appreciated.

marc.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
didnt see ur post... audi's need premium gas 22 - 30 mpg depending how u drive manual

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
you should get more like 35-45 mpg out of the tdi i get 30-35 out of my 1.8turbo petrol and thats a nice quick drive.

Any plans on remapping the diesel if you get one? they can be remapped to much higher bhp for about £400 as i see you had a fast car before. :57:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think it's really any kind of comparison...

A Supra is a specialty sports car with amazing potential. My personal street car makes ~650hp and our shop car does 1600hp... it's like saying you want to trade in your top fuel dragster, gulfstream business jet or sailboat money pit for a honda accord.

What sort of response are you looking for? The MPG figures for Audis are well-published on the 'net. If fuel economy is all you're looking for, get a Honda hybrid or something. A Supra is a collector's item and isn't a cheap toy, this should have been a consideration from day 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts