Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to add stuff like a k&n airfilter, chip, and exhaust...but i want the warranty to still be valid. will this void the warranty on my whole enging or just some components. I know what your going to say "CALL AUDI!" i did and the person i talked to was and idiot, so if someone in here knows about audi's warranties please leave something!
Thanxz, slone

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
According to the VWoA warranty policy, the dealer would have to prove that the mod you did affected the car in a way that would have caused something to break that wouldn’t have under normal stock used.

The k&n filter wont void your warranty… exhaust is questionable (probably not.. ) and a chip.. well, is risky. With a turbo engine, the chips increase boost, therefore, pretty much every engine component is affected. This isn’t bad, but if something breaks its pretty easy to argue the chip had some kinda effect. Many chip manufactures have the capability to put the ECU back into “stock” mode, which is what I have, and I haven’t had a problem with the dealer yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Adding aftermarket parts & components will not void the warranty unless the manufacturer can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle.

Do a search on google for the Magnuson-Moss Act, it explains it all.

I think it applies the same in Canada too...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help guys...i found this sick exhaust here-http://www.lltek.com/exhaust_A4_B5.htm and it even has a download you can listen to! if your lookin for an exhaust i would consider this one...
_Slone

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check out Milltek and APR too. I'm in the market as well and have been looking around. Those tripped my trigger the most.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts