Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've heard of the convenience and everthing of the PES Tuning G2 supercharger. I have an audi a4 2.8 so a supercharger seems to be the best way to go. What other options are there as far as superchargers go. I have a custom shop near me that will help me do the technical stuff so that's good. Is it possible ot buy the supercharger separately and get a GIAC chip and new intake/exhaust manifolds instead of the G2? It seems like it would be cheaper that way.

I was thinking of getting the engine bored out a little bit/doing some other stuff to give the car a bit more power before putting the supercharger on. I was thinking of getting a new exhuast and muffler which will add some hp, but not sure how much.

Also a related question: Is there anything special I have to replace to take the car above 300hp? Is there any part that will give out once I go past that point?

So I know I need these parts:

(*Don't know where to find this part)

Eaton M62 Supercharger(found one used(47k mi) ~$500 good deal?)
New Computer(hopefully the pes tuning, but maybe from GIAC?)
DV valve*
Larger Pully*
Intake Manifold*
Larger Fuel Injectors*

To my inexperienced eye, I would say the cost of all that isn't anywhere near the $5000 it would take to buy the kit. Then again maybe Im missing lots of parts from that list. Well let me know what you think.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
PES tuning is GIAC and you would have to adapt the snout to fit the 2.8 not unless you go the G1 route which would allow you to add a IC setup but it is noisy compared to the G2 setup which sound like stock almost and only under WOT does it whine a little.

Also as stated in the other thread more in on scaudi.com but you can pickup G2's for around $3700 and from time to time they do GB's.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
GB what!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts