Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've heard of the convenience and everthing of the PES Tuning G2 supercharger. I have an audi a4 2.8 so a supercharger seems to be the best way to go. What other options are there as far as superchargers go. I have a custom shop near me that will help me do the technical stuff so that's good. Is it possible ot buy the supercharger separately and get a GIAC chip and new intake/exhaust manifolds instead of the G2? It seems like it would be cheaper that way.

I was thinking of getting the engine bored out a little bit/doing some other stuff to give the car a bit more power before putting the supercharger on. I was thinking of getting a new exhuast and muffler which will add some hp, but not sure how much.

Also a related question: Is there anything special I have to replace to take the car above 300hp? Is there any part that will give out once I go past that point?

So I know I need these parts:

(*Don't know where to find this part)

Eaton M62 Supercharger(found one used(47k mi) ~$500 good deal?)
New Computer(hopefully the pes tuning, but maybe from GIAC?)
DV valve*
Larger Pully*
Intake Manifold*
Larger Fuel Injectors*

To my inexperienced eye, I would say the cost of all that isn't anywhere near the $5000 it would take to buy the kit. Then again maybe Im missing lots of parts from that list. Well let me know what you think.

Aaron

http://www.audi-forums.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=119615

·
Registered
195 Posts
Aaron,

Save yourself a lot of grief and tuning misery - buy the complete kit. Making sure you get all the right pieces yourself, and then getting the computer program correct to run it all is harder than you might think.

It will probably be cheaper in the long run to use the kit. My two cents worth. ymmv :)

VB

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree with VB. The heart of this project lies with the inlet manifold which PES have engineered to take the supercharger perfectly onto the 2.8L's head. To get this right independently would take months of costly trial and error. I aim to fit the package at year's end. Comparitive cost locally of a Vortech supercharger is way more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts