Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i dont see any kit for audis on thier web page
they seem to do american cars and even if u can slap on a few turbos on ur car its pointless with out tuning and programming

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
sean1.8t said:
yeah i don't see anything Audi on their page.

my buddy is getting rid of his supercharger and getting a Garrett GT55 turbo setup custom made with programming produced. it's going to cost a **** load but it's going to be sick. i don't know where you are but it's here in utah at a shop called 3020.
is he selling his p.e.s supercharger?, and can u get more info on the gt55 turbo, b/c i heard from someone that the gt35 turbo kit can be custom made also for the 2.8L?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
ur friend is gonna go single turbo on a V6

sean1.8t said:
yeah i don't see anything Audi on their page.

my buddy is getting rid of his supercharger and getting a Garrett GT55 turbo setup custom made with programming produced. it's going to cost a **** load but it's going to be sick. i don't know where you are but it's here in utah at a shop called 3020.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
the 2.8 cant handle boost, ur gonna have to strength everything

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Best he will be able to run is around 10psi and that will be in the upper range of safe boost, PES ran one car on 10.5 boost for a while before it went bang but then one could say may be the mapping was not quite right but I would not take any chances.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Audi went with a 2.7 over the 2.8 because they felt the the engine walls would not hold up hence they used the 2.7 lump. If they can get this to work and work well then hay go for it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts