Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am being told a "creaking" noise I hear in my front end at low speeds and when stopping is indicative a strut problem and that they need to be replaced. I have 67000 miles on the car. Does anyone have any experience with replacing struts? This seems a little early to me. Also, do you have any recommendations for replacement parts?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes, 67K miles sound a little soon to me also. Strut replacement looks to be a bit of a bear what with having to rent a special tool to hold the spring and all. I'd take a close look at other mechanical suspension parts before going through the cost of new struts. J.M.O.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a creaking noise also coming from my 2000 4.2Q, it sounded like mine was from the rear. It was really only noticeable when going over speed bumps at lower speeds. It took the Audi dealership 3 trips and the replacement of other parts to determine it was some type of rubber bushing in the suspension. As much I love the car, I can't say if I would buy another. This was one deal that the extended warranty company lost money on, about $10,000 which 60% is paying for a new transmision that is currently being replaced because the car would no longer engage in reverse after 88,000 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts