Audi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My B8 is emitting a strange sound from the engine bay (left side) whenever I accelerate slowly in D mode (especially during traffic jams) between 1000rpm to 2000rpm, I can hear a mild deep "Krong Krong" sound from the engine bay. Its like putting the car into high gear and stepping on the accelerator when stationary. Anybody experienced this before?

Mind you this is a fairly new car. Only clocked about 20K miles. Could this be the turbocharger or CVT box? No sound at all when gear is at neutral or when the car is hoist up with the wheels running at no load. The mech checked it out and says the entire CVT has to be changed. I'm not convinced!

Help!!!

p/s: wasn't getting any replies at all on other forums. Hopefully members here could help shed some light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! Is it "rotating" sound? Does the frequency change as you accelerate?

Is it metal or rubber? If rubber - could it be shock mount? You would need diagnose the suspension on that side.
Yes, it is a rotating sound. Its more metallic rather than rubber. Car was hoisted yesterday and there's no sound. Seems like only if there's load, there would be sound. Could resetting the gearbox adaption help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.