Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Strange feel shifting into 3rd

I have a 2007 2.0 6spd. I'm not sure how to explain this, but when I shift into 3rd from second there is a clunk as I move the shifter into gear. It's as if the transmission wasn't totally out of gear. There is no noise associated with this, but I feel a "kick" on the shifter. it only happens going into 3rd, it doesn't always happen (about 90% of the time), it doesn't happen if I up-shift and it doesn't happen if I double clutch.

Is this normal for this transmission?

·
Registered
8 Posts
well my friends had his for about two months and WEVE driven it HARDD ex: powershiftingg a bunch , double clutching, shifting hard, racing, etc. and it grinds into 3rd really nasty so hes taking it in to the dealer on monday...io suggest u do the same take it in see wat tehy say audi has its transmission problems :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being on the north side of middle age, I don't drive my A4 hard, it just came from the factory shifting this way.

Anyway, the dealer has been great and they are in the process of rebuilding the transmission with new 2nd and 3rd gear components.

Hopefully this will fix the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Audi dealership rebuilt the transmission. They fixed the problem with 3rd, but now 1st and 2nd are stiff until I have driven the car for 4 or 5 miles. I've owned many manual trannys and I have never experienced this. My last car - 2002.5 GTI - shifted like a dream. This car is nowhere near that.

The dealership is saying the car shifts normally now, but I think they are tired of taking apart the transamission (after they rebuilt the tranny something slipped out of place, all the gear started grinding and they had to pull it out a second time).

Any of you experience less than ideal shifting with this car? Does audi have issues with their manuals?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts