Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys i have my stock intake with a k and n drop in filter. And some crappy short ram that makes it sound good but i am just wondering if you guys would use the stock airbox with the k&n or the CAI? Im looking for more flow over sound so im just seein what you guys think from experience.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i think it depends a lot on whether you have the 1.8t or the 2.8L because the 1.8T doesn't gain much from the intake whereas the 2.8L does. if you're just looking for sound than aftermarket is the way to go.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 2.8 but do i gain any with the aftermarket? I think im getting only hot air cause the manifolds are right there and dont have a good heat shield.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you will get gains however it can be improved by getting a heat shield which i'm currently trying to get made for my own 2.8L.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
The stock unit is hard to beat and may show losses with a cone filter as you will have very little cold air feeding the system and you will loose the Ram air affect as well.

The only time its worth fitting a cone filter is when stock is crap (Audi's are not by the way) or in the case of big turbo and the stock unit will no longer fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts