Audi Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK I run cable from armrest to under the dash and also my DVD unit what I just bought came broken and now i working on the replacement. I still looking for this optic bridge. I call to many dealerships and they saying they never heard about this thing. So if any one know were to found this thing???
Thanks to everybody.....!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys stuck on uninspected problem, were to connect second wire from the aftermarket DVD unit! I got 12 volts from the battery but I need to connect second one so when you switch the key off the unit will turn off. Any idea?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys stuck on uninspected problem, were to connect second wire from the aftermarket DVD unit! I got 12 volts from the battery but I need to connect second one so when you switch the key off the unit will turn off. Any idea?
stick a meter on the fuse panel to find switched lead. connect to that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
tHANKS Man! Just did so ! I finally works. Now another problem! Video in motion wont work! I connect it everywhere already but every time i restart the car it shows " audio only". So any halp or some solution? Please!:confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the answer! But i had cd changer replaced with aftermarket dvd unit. So my question is to how to connect Clarion dvd green cable so it will think i got gear to "P" position and will give me video in motion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for the answer! But i had cd changer replaced with aftermarket dvd unit. So my question is to how to connect Clarion dvd green cable so it will think i got gear to "P" position and will give me video in motion.
you have to take the parking brake wire and ground it. even the casing of the player itself will work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i put in a toggle switch so its on only when i need it. its really annoying when driving at night with all the screen changes

·
Registered
21 Posts
but I still got 1 problem the dvd unit Clarion don't remember the time and songs after ignition was shut down.I connect 3 cables to power the unit up.1 st its red to 12 volts ,black to -12 ground and yellow to +12 but only if ignition ON.So 3 cables connected why its wont remember the time and other setting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys! I have Q7 2008. How about wiring how did you connect it? I have back camera, bluetooth but no NAV so i'm planning to get 1 DIN with Nav but how to wire it ? Any pictures or video would help a lot !! PLEASE!
YAVGEN please e-mail me at : [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
So, when you disconnect it entire system shut down, it happens because you need to be changer connected or you have to bridge it. Let say if you point this two wires to each other one side of the wire will receive light signal from another wire. And system will come back alive to. But if you want to do it right way you have to order special bridge , which click on the end of this wire. They use it in officials repair stations when perform repair. You can find it in Europe for like 60$ or something . The other wire with few connectors is useless, you can use it for "ground" and +12v, but keep in mind It has 3 wires inside so it's G,12,12 but non of this +12 shut down when you stop engine and pull key out of ignition. You will have to find source in car with +12 intermediant so when you stop engine your clarion will shut down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Евгений Спасибо ! I went to car stereo shop today and asked about this connector: from the IPod in the elbow area to all bunch of wires to the back of Clarion but they dont have anything like that .how did you do this particular connection ? Is there any box i have to buy or cut and connect ??? I mean how to connect this two ??

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Пожалуйста . Not this connector you have to use, of you go to Audi accessories store you can find exactly the same but on the other end it's not an iPod connector but aux. they also have USB , but you don't need it. This connector is about 60$ to order. When you get it then you can go from there.its exactly the same but aux. mmi will show on the screen "aux in" on the place where iPod was.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks a lot everybody for your help especially YAVGEN !!!! I would not be able to finish my project without your help .Thanks again !! Now the only thing left is the plastic to cover the empty spots on both sides of the radio. I've tried to do it myself could not make it so i've ordered the kit for Audi A3 2006-2008 .It has same shape and i hope size so i will try to make it work .

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts