Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I flattened my battery the other night after leaving my interior light on.

Now the stereo is locked, it just says "safe". I'm sure it is safe, but it ain't doing much in the way of music.

I didn't get a manual with my A3 , so I've no idea how to get it out of 'safe' mode. Even if I did, I'd presumably then need to enter the code, which I don't have either.

It's the 'concert' stereo (tape deck), which to be honest is pretty lame anyway. Would this be a good time to invest in a decent head unit? (and speakers, amp, sub, crossovers etc. :thumbsup: )

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes I think this may be time for a change! I just looked in my manual and it says that when the word SAFE is displayed, it can only be only be operated by entering the code printed on the card at the front of the manual... which you obviously don't have so I guess you're a bit stuck! Sorry.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a feeling you might say that, but I can't say I mind too much. It really is a rather cack stereo for a supposed 'quality' car! I think this is just the excuse I needed to upgrade....

Off to Halfrauds tomorrow then (they are offering free fitting at the moment, and the Audi stereo is a non-standard size so a bit of a bugger to replace).

cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts