Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just a few questions about the standard alarm systems used.

I have a 99 V reg A4 1.8T Sport and some ******* scratched it the other day!!!!

What i want to know is, is it a Cat 1 (just curious), where is the siren and can i change the standard siren for an aftermarket one, as all i could hear when it went off when testing it was a very quiet beeping noise coming from the rear quarter of the car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i need something louder quick sharp!!!!

Thanks in advance :liebe011:

Nilz

·
Registered
470 Posts
How did you test it? Cos as far as i know it works on when the interior light comes on. If your worried about your car i would suggest getting an aftermarket Cat 1. Then you can choose shock sensors, proximity sensors etc etc. Then less likely to get lil buggers scratchin ur car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i tested it by keeping the window open and then after the alarm set, i waved my arm around inside the car....this in turn set the alarm off. I believe they are Cat 1 alarms as standard as they integrate alarm and immobiliser.

What my real question is, where is the standard siren, and can this easily be replaced for an aftermarket one??

Thanks
Nilz

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any ideas, please anyone....just want to know if i can change the standard siren for an aftermarket one.

Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
As far as i know the siren is the horn. Well i guess it is, cos thats the noise when the alarm goes off. Might be something to do with the wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts