Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive noticed for about a week or so that when im at a dead stop and i let it idle for a min or so, when i give it a little gas as im about to move it makes a little sqweek. It doesnt seem to be a belt cause it does it when im in nuetral and not using the clutch. And to add to the "pissing me off" the yellow check light came on last night on my way home. I have know idea whats going on. I called to make an appointment to get everything checked out, and to get chipped and bigger DV. :) But im very concerned with this sound and the check light concidering i got the car 3 months ago. Has anyone noticed this sound at all or have any ideas.

Thanks

01TT 225

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
when u get your chip have them VAG-COm you car to see the problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like a belt issue, there is more than one belt, does it happen when the AC is on? a small spray of silicon on the belts would help, thats if you can reach them, everything so compact under the hood,

The light could be cause by anything, a diagnostic would tell you precisely; even a belt slip can cause it to come on, anything that causes the engine not to be in sync.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts