Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Bit of a strange one here, when i turn my steering wheel, it makes a strange squeaking noise, from the actual steering wheel area, i have tried adjustcing it by raising and lowering it, but that has made no difference, it is coming from where the wheel actually joins the rest of the mechanism.

TBH, it doesnt really cause a problem, its just annoying and sometimes embaressing (depending on whos in the car).

Any ideas???

Thanks
Nilz

·
Registered
44 Posts
The same thing just happened to me, im going to be tearing my entire suspension and stearing column out this week hopefully, if i find whats doing it on mine ill let you know, cause that squeek is pissing me off.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Mate,

I tried some wd40, but that didnt make the slightest difference at all!!!

It is quite annoying and very embarresing also!!!

Thanks
Nilz

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well i took my front end apart and found that my ball joints were shot, im replacing them as soon as the parts come in and hopefully that fixes it. you may want to check yours and see if yours are gone also.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks for that, let me know how you get on though as i want to know if i do have to take all of the front off if that doesnt fix it ;-)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I droped my car into the garage to get it fixed (was cutting out at low speeds) and now that I have it back the wheel is squeeky also. It's annoying, and I'm disappointed to hear spraying some oil didn't do any good.

I wonder if they had to take the wheel off to fix the engine rev problem ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well an update, driving the car this morning the AIRBAG light came on, and its not going off now....ive read on other threads that some people have also experienced this at the 100k mark, which is where my car is right now!!!

Is this something i should be worried about??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts