Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh hi

Hopefully someone can help me. I've got an Audi A4 Turbo sport, but I would like to know if this is classed as an 'S-line'? as there is an S-like logo on the steering wheel

thx

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh

And the other thing is that it's running at 29.8 mpg, is this about right? and it does seem a wee bit sluggish in lower gears

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
there should be S-line logo on the trim in the interior i beleive

·
Registered
195 Posts
There are no S4 cars made from the A4 model during the years 1996 - 1999. The picture you show is a stock A4 model.

If you are referring to the S-Line as an S4, then no your car is not.

Audi did offer a Sport Package as an option for the A4 which included uprated sway bars and springs, 16" 7 spoke wheels and for those cars with Tiptronic, a 3-spoke steering wheel with an "S" badge on it and shift controls on the wheel. Motor was not modified.

I have seen on the web some other Audi models that were listed as sport with a higher HP engine, but not the wheels from the sport package option. I do not have any documentation for those models. It was something like 180 HP.

My avant has the sport option package.

VB

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Morning Mate,

Unfortunately, your car is not an S-Line, as you have the sport model car, you will get these few extras, e.g the 16" Competition alloys and the Leather 3 spoke steering wheel with the 'S' badge on it.

I have the later version of your car, with the 3 spoke steering wheel with the badge on also, with the more sportier seats etc....

I hope this is of help.

Regards
Nilz :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
no in other countries they have S4 befor the year 2000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts