Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPEEDO JUMPED?? Jumps..

Yesterday we had some heavy rain and i went though about 1 foot of water following all the other cars under a bridge...

then 10 mins later the speed started jumping from current speed to 0 and all speeds between the current speed randomly... it appeared that when i put the gas on the speed neddle dropped to "0" and fickered about and when i let off it was ok... strange.. however after

I turned the car off 3 times and the error was still present. - After about 15 mins of driving it appeared to improved and then i turned tyhe car off and went out later on and it was fine,.... also fine today coming to work?

Any ideas..??? ... Has anyone come across this before??

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Soundslike you got water in your speed sensor causing a poor connection and hence your speedo being erratic.

I would get the car on a ramp and remove the connector which is near the clutch slave cylinder if manual and clean the connector with electical cleaner ir similar and refit. Don't confuse with the reverse light switch as that has only 2 terminals. You need the connector with 3 terminals.

Fisheggs

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will do that as i need to get under it to fasten i plastic cover back on which has come undone at one side

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
iv got an audi a4 the speedo stoped working i then tested the sensor the speedo worked to test the speedo sensor pull it out of the gearbox and turn the ignition on then pass a magnet near the tip the speedo should work if it dose you got gearbox problems sorry about the spellings

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think mine occured due to drving through a foot of water... and its never occured since touch wood...

nice tip though..

Rickt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts