Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing the head gasket on my 95 audi and to remove the timing belt requires some special tools. One is a cam holder and the other is to hold the crank so the engine wont turn on you when removing. I dont really want to spend the money on these tools and cant find a place that rents them out. I was wondering if anyone has made such tools? If so let me know. You can even call me at home at 720-427-2679. Thanks a lot!!! Tony.

·
Registered
74 Posts
hello mate --what model audi is it??

the haynes manual shows how to make up tools to hold the crank by means of a hook type tool that holds the teeth on the fly wheel

the camshaft holding tool is made up of two strips of metal one of about600mm long the other 300mm long bolted together to make a forked end with protruding bolts to make up the fulcrums to engage in the camshaft sprocket cut outs

the haynes manual explains this much better

to be honest mate you shouldnt need these tools if you are replacing head gasket- just detension the cam belt -remove exhaust-drain coolant-remove inlet mainfold- remove camshaft cover -undo head bolts-lift head off--- ok ok few more ancilliriaes to take off such as distributor etc but thats basically it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts