Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i have had a 1998 audi a4 2.8 for about 3 months and my speakers seem to be blown because when i crank it up the subs in the back rattle a lot and it sounds awfull. So i was wondering if i should get stock subs from audi or go for an upgrade but i don't no the size of the subs, i'm not very good with speakers so if anyone has any suggestions please let me no.
thanx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do u have the bose system or non-bose? I had the Bose system and replaced everything to aftermarket. If your willing to spend a bit of cash I would definetley recommend changing it out.. With Bose systems everything has to go, head unit, speakers etc....

Heres what i did:
Clarion Headunit with mp3/wma capabilites 700MB of music per cd. Able to match interior illumination to red.
Kenwood KAC-8401 amp powering 2 subs wired in parell <2om stable>
US Acosutics Amp powering interior component Infinity speakers
1.2f capacitor

I love it. Everyday I enjoy getting into the car and listening to the difference in quality and power.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanx for replying i have the bose symphony stereo system, i was thinking of just getting 2 12in. power acoustic subs and put them into a nice glass box with a head unit and amplifier,but since the subs are pumping out close to 1800 watts its gonna cost me around $1500.
thanx

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeh, thats just around what i spent for everything. Dont forget to get the clarion headunit. You can change the screen to RED!!!! and the buttons are chrome like finished, matches perrrrrfect!.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for your reply
wat kind of clarion head unit and if u have any info on it please let me no!
thanx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Clarion dxz745mp Head unit (I honestly think no other head unit will match better in an Audi since you can make the color red)
Kenwood KAC-8401 amp 2 ohm stable pushing 2 Subs (1 band pass and 1 10" JBL wired in parallel)
US Acoustics amp powering interior speakers
Interiors: 5 1/4" Infinity components 6 1/2" Infinity in the rear
1farate Capacitor

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey everyone, thanx for u'r replies but for now i am just gonna replace the back blown speakers and then save up for the major system later on because i can't seem to cough up 1500-2000 dollars rite now. but all u'r info helped and i really appreciate it!!!!!!
thanx :liebe011:

·
Registered
44 Posts
You also may want to concider the phatnoise system that you can get from your audi dealership. I love mine, its like having a 20 gb, harddrive just for music in my trunk. I did the install myself and it ran me a little over $350.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what is a phat noise system?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts